Thursday 7 July 2011

Qweeg arrives in AfterWorld

The date - Monday 4th July 2011; the event - Dave "Qweeg" Lister arrives in AfterWorld.

To give some background I played a game called Entropia for around 4 years, until the cost of playing became too prohibitive.  At that point the Entropia incarnation of Qweeg was retired and at the time I thought confined to the gaming scrap heap for good.  But a year on and he is back knocking on my door with a gaming thirst that not even a gallon of Stella will quench!

And so I reluctantly open the door to the gaming world once more, after first checking that the path back down the dark-side towards Entropia is forever blocked: oh no we are not heading down that route again my friend.

Several game trials later I come, somewhat reluctantly, to the conclusion that whilst Entropia is no longer for me, the concept of a game with a real cash economy very much is.  And I know that in that case there is only really one alternative - AfterWorld.  Still in Alpha/Beta stage, although now close to general release, it seems stable enough for me to dip my toes in without the risk of drowning.

And so Dave Qweeg Lister is reborn, to start out again as a gaming newbie and hopefully to share his experiences here along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment