Friday 22 July 2011

Skills, Skills and more Skills.

Qweeg has been skilling well over the last few days.  The focus has been mainly on mining and hunting - well when I say hunting I really mean avoid skilling, more on that later.  Lots of skills have now reached the 100% mark and so need to be unblocked to progress further.  There are mixed reports on how to use blocking, some say you should keep unimportant skills blocked so that any skill gains you get are only in important skills; others say doing this restricts the total amount of skill gains you get.  I am going with my gut feel on this and keeping everything unblocked.  At one point I had several skills at 100% and needing unblocking in mining, and it felt like I was getting less skill gain messages.

Hunting is not really hunting at the moment.  Because to start with you are just so weak, attempting to kill anything other than the smallest of creatures is futile.  Instead it seems best to start of Avoid Skilling, until you are able to kill a few more things.  Basically this involves taunting a weak creature into attacking you and then just healing rather than attacking it back.  Over time you gain a lot of avoid skills and already things are starting to become a little easier.  I have bought a slightly better gun and healing kit - for emergency use only - to help me stay alive in tricky situations and that helps too.

Still a long way from killing anything very meaningful but I can see some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment