Friday 8 July 2011

Societies - Fit or Miss?

So last night Qweeg became a proud member of an AfterWorld Society - The Misfits.  Everyone I have met in there so far seems very helpful and friendly, just what you want from a gaming society in fact.  AfterWorld Societies are similar to those in Entropia - and guilds in other games, but at the moment I just don't know enough about them to cover anything much here.  I will write a more detailed Society blog entry later on.

In addition to being in a society Qweeg is now also in a corporation.  This concept is new to me - it seems like a Society is a group of players who play together, share information and generally help each other out, whereas a Corporation is more of a financial entity, which can own land, businesses etc..  Entropia kind of treat those two concepts as the same thing and packages them both up in a Society.  The corporation functionality doesn't seem to be really implemented yet - I imagine land ownership will be available in the General Release of AfterWorld later in the year.  Again I will add a blog on this once I know more.

Suffice it to say that I am very happy with my choice of Society and that they took pity on Qweeg the Noob :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment